Who enters the New Product & Technology Awards® ?
Now entering its 8th year, the New Product & Technology Awards has received entries from hundreds of companies and organizations across the United States. Winners in recent competitions have included: Area Agencies on Aging; Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans; Cardiocom; Cognifit; Dakim; e-Care Diary; GlynnDevins; The Hartford; Medicare Health Plans; Minnesota Board on Aging; National Institute on Aging; NavGate Technologies; Retirement Communities; SeniorNavigator; Touchtown; and WellAWARE Systems.
What are the 2018 entry fees?
The 2018 New Product & Technology Awards entry fees are $59 or $79 (USD) per submission, based on entry category.
What’s New for the 2018 competition?
- The 2018 awards have expanded significantly—there are 58 categories and 15 divisions for this year’s competition. Awards will be given by Category and by Division. For example, community/nonprofit organizations that enter their websites will only compete with websites submitted by other community/non-profit groups.
- New expanded web-based and mobile resource categories have been added. There are now 39 categories for online and digital media entries that are designed for older adults and their families.
How are the entries judged?
Entries will be judged by Division and Category. Using a rating scale of 1 to 100, a panel of national experts in these fields will review the entries based on judging criteria. Judges’ scores will be totaled and averaged. Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Merit certificates will be awarded by Division and Category based on these average scores.
Not all entries receive awards — only entries that achieve a minimum point total from the judges’ averaged scores will receive Gold, Silver, Bronze, Merit recognition. All judges’ decision are final.
What do I receive if I win an award?
Companies and organizations that win a 2018 New Product & Technology Award will receive the following:
- A colorful Gold, Silver, Bronze or Merit certificate recognizing the achievement.
- A one-year license to use the official awards program winners logo for marketing and promotional purposes.
- National publicity of your award and a listing on the agingawards.com website. Gold and Silver winners will have special profiles on the website.
- A list of all winners on agingawards.com.
What is the special “Nana Technology™” recognition?
Selected entries may also be recognized as Nana Technology winners, a term developed by Andrew Carle, Director of the George Mason University Program in Senior Housing Administration. Professor Carle describes Nana Technology as technologies “designed, intended or that canotherwise be used to improve quality of life for older adults.”
Who organizes the New Product & Technology Awards?
The New Product & Technology Awards is organized by the Mature Market Resource Center, a national clearinghouse for professionals who work with older adults.
I may be interested in serving as a judge. How can I apply?
You may complete our judge application here.
Where can I get more information?
Please contact us anytime. For additional questions, click here, or call us at 1-800-828-8225, weekdays 9-5 Central time.